Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Cooking, baking and stuff

I'm not sure if it's out of a desire to make good food for Mariko, learning to enjoy making new foods, or just sheer boredom, but recently I have been experimenting and cooking/baking a much larger selection of foods than previously. Honestly I'm sure it comes from a combination of all 3 reasons and then some... why do something for one simple reason when you can do it for a many convoluted reasons!


Happily enough I haven't really had any mishaps with my cooking (though Mariko may have a different opinion). I have just recently made:
  • Lasagna (fairly basic and simple)
  • Baked Apples
  • Beer Battered Zucchini
  • Fried Chicken (super yummy)
  • Pancakes w/ homemade syrup 
 And I am currently in the process of baking some Homemade Pop-tarts! The recipe looked fairly simple so I thought that I would give it a try. Luckily Mariko wasn't home to see the table.... she cringes when she sees me cooking (I tend to make a MESS when I cook). Lets just say it involved dough, flour and strawberry jam... enough said!!

That's all me
If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for me to practice with please let me know. I mainly just can't think of what I want to try and make. Though there are some things are just not feasible here, I have been able to make alterations that work fairly well.

I think my next target is going to be some Banana Bread. A friend of mine apparently has a really good recipe for it, but I am going to see if I can't beat that recipe and come up with a great one... that's right Julian it's on like Donkey Kong!


No comments:

Post a Comment