Friday, January 20, 2012

What's in a year?

As people tend to do when a new year dawns, I can't help but look back at the previous year and reflect on things. I have to admit that 2011 was definitely a big year for me, and rather fun at times. We've accomplished a lot over the course of 2011. We spent time with old friends and met new ones, celebrated time with our families, played some truly awesome video games, visited some amazing location... but here are some of the highlights of the year:

  • Watched Mariko give her Honor's Thesis (and understand most of it)
  • Saw my Grandfather after more than 15 years
  • Watched Mariko graduate Magna cum laude
  • Turned 30
  • Married my Best friend in front of our amazing friends and family
  • Moved to Germany
  • Met some amazing new friends in the Fulbright Program
  • Spent a week with my dad showing him around Germany (and killing his feet)
  • Spent Christmas in Sweden watching the Aurora Borealis 
Definitely a lot has happened to both Mariko and I in the past 12 months, some things more eventful than others; but everything together, the little things and the big things, is what made it an amazing year! I'll leave you with this slideshow of our 2011 year condensed down for easy viewing pleasure:

(Edited: I redid the video and uploaded a new version, I had some complaints that people were not able to view it.)


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing the slideshow when I am in America!

    ReplyDelete